As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome to Season Four of the Hunt Gather Talk podcast! In this season, we will be talking about all things preservation, from meat and fish to plants and mushrooms, from drying to fermenting to canning and more.
In this episode, I talk with Australian BBQ expert and meat scientist Jess Pryles all about dry aging meat, with an emphasis on beef and venison.
- My article on dry aging venison, which will give you more details on the process.
- Jess Pryles’ website, where you will find all sorts of good information on barbecue, cooking meat, and yes, dry aging.
- Jess’s book Hardcore Carnivore.
- If you are so inclined, here are links to the Dry Ager I use, as well as the Steak Locker, which Jess uses.
- This is the device you can use to regulate humidity and temperature with a regular fridge.
If you have a suggestion for a podcast topic, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
More Podcast Info
You can find archives of this season and the three previous seasons on my podcast page.