As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
In this episode of Hunt Gather Talk, I talk with my friend Bob del Grosso, a professor at Drexel University in Pennsylvania who is an expert on curing meat (among other things). Where last episode was all about dry cured sausages, this one will cover whole cuts like cured duck breast, bresaola, lonzino and boneless hams.
If you want to learn more about Bob, you can contact him on Facebook.
This is a single-subject episode, so if you are into curing meats, you are in luck!
Here are some links for further information on this week’s episode:
- Links and a list of my favorite salami books. (This one is a little dated, but all these books are still super useful.)
- Again, links and a list of tools for butchering and making sausages.
- How to salt cure an egg yolk. This is what you should start with.
- My recipe for cured duck or goose breast.
- How to make bresaola, an eye round or backstrap on any red meat animal (or pork).
- An Alpine deer ham, called mocetta, it works with any red meat.
- An awesome temperature and humidity controller for your drying chamber.
- Two great Facebook groups to join that relate to this topic: The Salt Cured Pig and Sausage Debauchery.
That should get you started. If you want more, here are all my charcuterie recipes.
Enjoy this week’s podcast, and, as always, if you like it, please subscribe and leave a review. It helps me a lot. Thanks!